IFI’s iconic gelato display case Tonda is a dream come true in over sixty countries across the world.
Its a piece of craftsmanship made by the alchemy of a playful vision and cutting-edge technology. Besides, the outcome is something never seen before in the world of artisan gelato.
Tonda is the first round and rotating display case in history. It’s capable of treating gelato to the playful dimension of the world of childhood to which it belongs. This gelato display case synthesizes the perfect combination between pozzetti counters’ ideal gelato preservation and appealing flavors display.
As a marvel of technology, IFI’s Tonda has earned an ADI Compasso d’Oro Mention and a call to be part of the Farnesina Design Collection. But, above all, it earned the unconditional love of an increasing number of artisan gelato-makers across the world.
What sets Tonda apart from any other display case around?
- It is a large pozzetto. That preserves gelato perfectly and offers maximum visibility of the flavors from every angle, including for children.
- The circular movement of the pans, the hermetic closure system of gelato display case Tonda and advanced ventilation system ensure uniform temperatures between the pans. That prevents gelato-makers from having to map the display case based on the temperature differences.
- The RDF system reduces the number of defrosts. As a consequence, they are activated on the basis of the time the display case is actually open. Consequently, this greatly benefits the preservation of gelato.
- Its design takes care about ergonomics and operators’ well-being. Indeed, it is no longer the gelato-makers who move to take the flavours. It’s Tonda, the round gelato display case, that brings them to the operators at their command in a maximum of 4.5 seconds. That’s because you can rotate it either clockwise or anti-clockwise, with an electronically-controlled pedal or manually. Consequently, operators can maintain a vertical, totally natural posture. This way they don’t need to bend their upper body over the gelato (which is also more hygienic), thus preventing any back problems.
- Additionally, it protects operators’ health. That’s because it avoids them to put their hands or forearms into an atmosphere at a temperature between -12° and -20°. Such temperatures can cause occupational illnesses (arthritis or arthrosis) in those who serve gelato from pans.
- Thanks to the hermetic closure system, more insulation and smart defrosts, Tonda gelato display case guarantees energy savings of up to 25%. As a matter of fact, that means less costs and more efficiency at protecting the environment.
- In the version with built-in motor, the provision of wheels makes it easy to move the display case inside and outside the venue.
IFI’s Tonda is the perfect gelato display case to showcase your artisanal gelato by amusing your customers.